Intern and Resident Program
The Internship Program is an ongoing ministry training opportunity that seeks to disciple men and women within the context of a local church. The program consists of instruction, hands-on ministry experience and a community living situation. Interns have opportunity to serve in various situations throughout the body-life of the local church.
The program's goals are as follows:
- To give people opportunities to discover who they are in Christ (e.g.; their gifts, calling, strengths, etc.) as well as be challenged in those areas of their lives that God wants to change.
- To develop interns into confident, servant oriented leaders through significant serving opportunities.
- To demonstrate how our church works in its philosophy of ministry - Love, Mend, Train, Send.
- To give interns more tools to implement in their ministries in their home church.
This program is much like an apprenticeship. Interns work with and are personally and intentionally mentored/discipled by staff members, pastors, and the program directors. In assessing applicants we highly value a cheerful heart of service, a contagious faith and an eagerness to receive what God would have to teach them.
We now offer two internship tracks: 1 year or 6 months. The one-year internship costs $4,000 and the six-month option costs $2,000. We highly suggest the one-year track to allow for as much growth and learning as possible out of this significant time. However, we understand with Visa restrictions, it can be difficult to commit to a year and therefore, we now offer the six-month track as well! The internship fee is to be raised and paid prior to the start of the internship.
Applicants should be at least 21 years of age and have demonstrated for the previous six months that they are fully committed to their local church. They must also have established relationship with pastoral staff members and have the recommendation of a pastor.
The internship is a full-time training program, requiring 45 to 60 hours per week of participation. The number of hours is a reality, however, reaching a certain number of hours is not the purpose. Rather, we aim to develop a heart of service that looks for need and jumps at the chance to fill it! Interns attend classes, seminars, have opportunities to observe different ministry situations, serve in different areas of ministry, study, attend church, work in the church office and are responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the church facility.
All interns will live on campus; housing and food are provided, and are included in the programs cost. Interns are individually responsible for all other expenses, including transportation, all personal amenities, and entertainment. Interns must obtain health insurance coverage for their entire stay and show proof of coverage upon arrival.
If you are interested in this program, we would love to hear from you! Please send us an email that includes:
- Your name and age.
- The name of your home church.
- A bit of your story -- who you are, what you do, what kinds of things interest you -- and whatever else you'd like us to know about you!
- Why you are interested in this program.
Please email this information to our Campus Life Director, Camille Kammermann.