Welcome to the Parent Information page. We hope to provide you with all the details you need to be aware of to help you and your child(ren) feel ready for the week of VBS and all the FUN plans of each day. If you have any questions please contact the VBS office Tues.—Thurs., 9am–4:30pm (closed for lunch 12—1pm) at 831-688-9123.
We sent out our first parent email June 7. If you missed that email check your spam/junk inbox or click here to download.
Your child(ren) will receive a postcard from their Team Leaders this week letting them know their team name and color!
What you need to know!
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
Click here to download our parking letter for full details!
Click here to download your pick-up card to fill out for Monday. Please write your child(rens) names large on the card with a bold pen. Only one pick-up card needed per car.
• VBS begins at 9am. The earliest we can receive your child is 8:45am.
• Pick-up is promptly at 3pm. Please note this is a new time this year!
• Our pick-up is designed for the safest, smoothest, quickest way to return your child to your car. But there may be some delay during pick-up; we are grateful for your patience.
• The pick-up process is described in the Parking Letter (see link above). ONLY adults listed on your child’s registration form will be allowed to pick up your child, and their ID will be checked every day. If you want to add names to your child’s approved list, please call the VBS Office at 831-688-9123, or stop by the Info Tent during VBS week.
• Help us prepare for Monday pick-up by downloading and filling out your pick-up card (see link above). We ask that you display your pick-up card on the driver’s side of your dashboard at all times while on campus. We will fill one out for you when you arrive Monday afternoon if you have not already done so.
You can pick up your child's VBS t-shirt before VBS by visiting the gazebo (near the playground behind the church) at The Coastlands during our VBS Prep Day, Saturday, June 15, between 9am—1pm. If you do not pick up your child's t-shirt on this day we will have their t-shirt ready Monday morning, June 17, with their team leader at their team area.
Your child’s t-shirt size has been already set aside based on selection made during registration!
• Wear active wear and tennis shoes: NO OPEN-TOED SHOES.
• Bring the following items everyday: sweatshirt, hat, sunscreen, lunch and a snack, $1 for the snack bar, and a Bible (if you have one).
• If you haven’t picked up your VBS t-shirt on Saturday, June 15, between 9am-1pm, your team leader will have it ready for you on Monday morning in your team area.
• Our lunchtime snack bar is chock full of some serious sugar ($1 each). You may not want to pack other treats in their packed-from-home-lunches. And feel free to send a healthy snack to supplement their afternoon sugar rush! Kids are dismissed for snack bar after their teams finish lunch.
• We provide a healthy morning snack for kids at 10:15am each day—you won’t have to worry about packing morning snacks.
• If you have a Bible, you can leave it (LABELED) in your team box all week.
• LABEL EVERYTHING—even socks! :) A lost and found is stationed near the Info Tent all week. If your child lost something you might find it there.
DAILY SCHEDULE — KNOWING WHAT’S PLANNED
9:00 AM | Arrival
Immediately upon arrival, your kids find their Team Sign at their Team Tent, where their Team Leader (& youth assistant) are waiting to greet them and get them settled.
9:30 AM | Assembly
With their Team Flags waving high, they march down to the morning Assembly where a giant variety show ensues. They sing, they laugh, they watch, they participate, and they are taught amazing and wonderful life lessons and shown what great love God has for them.
10:30 AM | Morning Snack and Wonder Games
Gotta get that energy out somewhere! They run their hearts out and get to experience interactive art projects. Morning snack is provided on-the-go as teams walk from Assembly to their Wonder Game stations.
11:15 AM | Team Time
Kids spend time with their team talking about the lesson for the day, how it might apply to their lives.
11:45 AM | Lunch and Kids Snack Bar
Not even lunch time is wasted as they eat, are entertained, and even do a little dance-off. After lunch there’s something cool about taking your own money to the window and buying yourself whatever you want. Bring $1 a day for 1 item at the snack bar! Only 1 item can be purchased each day. Healthy snacks from home are also allowed and (wink wink) encouraged! :)
12:45 PM | Special Events
The moment they’ve all been waiting for. The American Ninja Warrior course is only ONE of the 7 stations they will visit in this time. Each day is aimed at creating more fun than they could ever imagine.
3:00 PM | Departure
Well, it’s quite a line of cars, isn’t it? Monday’s always a little bit of a learning curve, but we get every single one of those 300 campers out the door and headed home with dirty clothes and full hearts!
DAILY DRESS-UP THEMES
Monday: Creative Color Day!
Let’s start off your week wearing your 2019 VBS t-shirt and VBS colors! The VBS colors this year are Royal Blue, Coral, Mustard Yellow, Teal and Maroon. Get creative with representing color!
Tuesday: Wild Face Paint and Crazy Hat Day!
Come with a fun and colorful painted face! Team Leaders will also have face paint to help with creations. If face paint isn’t your thing, pick a crazy hat, headband, or bandana to add that pop of color!
Wednesday: Neon Water Day and Photo Day!
Pick out your brightest neon anything and rock it! It is also water day so wear your swimsuit, water shoes, and don’t forget your towel! It’s our group photo day so wear your 2019 VBS t-shirt!!
WEDNESDAY SPECIAL NOTES
It’s PICTURE DAY and WATER DAY!! Your kids will be SOAKING WET when you pick them up! Bring an EXTRA towel and dry clothes for the end of the day in the car. And remember, ONLY CLOSED-TOE SHOES, even on water day. Kids: Wear your VBS t-shirt over your swimsuit for picture day!
Thursday: Animal Discovery Day!
Whether it’s your coolest animal print, pair of awesome ears, or butterfly wings, you can sport your creature of choice! Get ready to roar, jump, and soar!
Friday: Crazy Hair and Ice Cream Day!
Let’s see the wackiest, funkiest, most colorful hair out there! Also wear your 2019 VBS t-shirt so you can get all those new friends’ and character autographs!! What better way to end a wonderful week together than with ice cream sundaes!
PICTURES FROM THE WEEK
Go to https://www.facebook.com/TheCoastlands/ to stay up-to-date on all things VBS and to see a few of our very favorite pictures from each day of VBS 2019!
For the first time ever in our VBS-history we are going to host an Open Campus afternoon for parents and family of our VBS campers. On Friday, June 21, between 12-3pm families are invited to join us for a FREE lunch, tours of VBS, and a chance to see your kids in action. Siblings are welcome to attend but we will not be providing childcare for them or allowing them to join their brothers or sisters in VBS activities. Please plan to keep any additional children with you during Open Campus. We will have some activities available for families. When you arrive parking volunteers will direct you where to park and walk to our Open Campus lunch spot. Upon arrival you will be greeted by our host volunteers for Open Campus and you will be given a wristband for being a visitor. At the end of the day, you can pick up your camper in their team area at 3pm. We look forward to seeing you!
Our campus is a closed campus during VBS. Every visitor checks in at the gazebo and is escorted while on campus. All of our adult volunteers are background-checked and given identification and instruction for their time with the kids. So when you feel us being “extra present” while you are with us, you’ll know that it’s to put safety first!
VBS Sunday is June 23rd at 9am & 11am! All VBS Campers and families are invited to our church services! Upon arrival, you’ll bring your child to our Children’s Ministries department where the fun begins. In our sanctuary, you will view a slideshow that will give a glimpse of the fun adventures experienced throughout VBS week. The children will be joining our services where they along with their VBS Team Leaders, Heroes, and VBS characters will sing two VBS songs. They will then enjoy more VBS summer fun with our Children’s Ministries. We invite you between services to enjoy refreshments with us! For more information, please contact our church office at the VBS Office at 688-9183. You may also email email@example.com.