Pastor Steve Shober taught that just as Jesus lived a life in humble service to mankind, our attitude toward others can reflect that level of unselfishness by putting others before ourselves.
- “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above ourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interest of others.” Phil 2:1-8
- God changes our spirit but we choose whether or not to heed his guidance. “He humbled Himself and became obedient even to the point of death on the cross.” Phil 2:8
- “Anyone who wants to be first must be last, and the servant of all.” Mark 9:35.
- “Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God…” 1 Peter 5: 6 and James 4:10.
- “But whoever wishes to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first must be slave of all. For the Son of Man came not be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.” Mark 10:43-45.
- “If any want to be my followers, let them deny themselves, take up their cross and follow me.” Matthew 16:24.